Thursday, July 17, 2008

How to make Flowers

I got a request to post instructions on how to make the hair flowers. I'll do my best to make clear instructions, but I sort of made it up as I went. First, I got alligator clips and craft barretts and flowers from the craft store. I covered the tops of the clips with ribbon by just glueing it down with a glue gun. Then you take the stem of the flower. Most flowers will have some type of green plastic piece on the back holding the flower together. You want to remove that and then cut the stem off as much as you can. If you don't do this, the flower will stick up off the clip and look a little wierd. I then put a line of glue on the back of the flower and glued it to the clip. That's pretty much it; it was pretty easy. One hint, don't put the flower down once you have cut it. If you do, the flower will fall apart.

2 comments:

chrissy said...

Hey Robby! I'm glad you found me! I've been thinking about you lately, wondering what you're up to. Hopefully we can stay connected now through the wonderful world of blogging!

Feel free to drop by my blog anytime.

And CONGRATS on baby girl #3!

Blogful said...

Hurray! Brilliant. I will totally try it. Jane has this one huge ugly flower clip and she is always asking to wear it. Some little daisy will look so much sweeter.