Sophia has also been doing well. She wasn't as excited to start school, but once she went, she loved it. She has had a sore throat and cough caused by the bad air, so she has been a little cranky. Her new nickname around the house in cranky pants. Today the air cleared up so her cough is much better. Lately she has been really into the show Yo Gabba Gabba. A couple of weeks ago I printed some pictures of the characters for her to color. She colored them and has since been playing with them like they were action figures. It was a pretty cheap toy that has kept her busy for hours. Hopefully her cough will stay away and she will be back to her normal sweet self next week.
Sunday, January 9, 2011
Maya and Sophia
Since I posted last week mostly about Ellie, I thought this week I would share some things that Maya and Sophia have been doing. This week Maya was excited to be back at school. She had a good week, even though they didn't always get to go out to recess because there has been an inversion. Last Sunday in Primary they learned about the new theme, "I know the scriptures are true." The kids were challenged to read the Book of Mormon every day and bring their scriptures to church each week. Maya has taken this very seriously. She asked for her own copy of the Book of Mormon, and since she got it has read a couple of versus by herself each night. She also reminds Kyle and I to read ours and instigates family scripture study every night. She was so excited to bring her scriptures to church, so yesterday we made a cute little bag for her to carry them in. I hope she remains so excited about the scriptures and continues reading them each day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment