Last week my mom and I headed to the cabin for a couple of days. We went through Logan and stopped for lunch and a little shopping. Then we headed up Logan Canyon and hiked the wind caves trail. It was a lot harder than we remember. Either that or we are way out of shape. Jake came along with us and loved hiking.
The caves are beautiful. My mom used to hike up here in college and study and spend the night.This is the little alcove my mom would always sleep in.
Jake was incredibly thirsty and drank his whole water bottle plus most of my mom's.
After the hike we headed to the cabin stopping of at Rick's Springs so Jake could get a drink and have a swim. My mom and I also cooled of by sticking out feet in the freezing water.
The next day we got up (not very early) and went on another little hike. After the hike we drove on a dirt rode and found an apple tree in the middle of nowhere. We picked some apples to take home with us. They were delicious.
We went to lunch and then I went Kayaking while my mom and Jake hung out on the beach. It was a little cold and really windy so I didn't get far, I was fighting the wind the entire time. It was a lot of fun though and I was the only one on the lake. The nest day we headed at home in time to pick the kids up from school. It was really nice to have a couple of days to just relax.
Last Saturday Ellie auditioned for Nutcracker. She is going to play the part of a soldier. She is super excited because she has heard it is a fun, laid back part.











1 comment:
Way to go Ellie! You have such a cool mom. What a fun mom/daughter time.
Post a Comment