Saturday, November 12, 2022

New England days 5 & 6

 The next 2 days were spent with Scott and his family.  Monday we drove to Lake Winnipesaukee. We went to Castle in the Clouds. It is a house built in 1914 that is at the top of the mountain overlooking the lake.  It was beautiful with a great view of the lake. 

We went on a hike with 7 small waterfalls.  So pretty. 
Some of the waterfalls were quite small, while others where in the larger side. 
It was a great hike.  
After the hike we toured the house.  First we toured the basement.  This is where the greenhouse was.  It curved along the outside of the house. 

The library inside the house. 
Lake Winnipesaukee.
The next day we went to Lowell to see where Scott works and tour a textile factory.  
We also went into Concord and went to the Minuteman museum and watched a movie on the battle Concird. It was really interesting.  This is a stage at the North Bridge.  It was designed by a student of Louisa May Alcott's sister. 
The bridge. 
Kyle and I toured  Orchard House.  I really enjoyed the tour.  Little Women is one of my favorite books and it was interesting to see the house the book was based on.  I also really liked learning about Alcott and her family. 
The textile mill in Lowell.
A pretty street along the canal.  We also went and saw the textile lab at Scott's work.  I really liked seeing the different projects that Scott is working on. 
The Castle in the Clouds. It is a beautiful arts and crafts home. 
The view from the carriage house. 
Inside the textile mill. 

It was such a great couple of days.  I really enjoyed spending a couple of days with Scott and Katie and seeing where they live. 





No comments: