Maya had her surgery today. Everything went well, but I am glad it is over. She was really nervous about leaving us, so they gave her some medicine to help with the anxiety. When the time came for her to go to the operating room she was almost asleep and out of it so she was just fine. It was a really quick procedure and there was nothing unexpected. Maya woke up quickly and did not get sick so we got to go home an hour after she left the operating room. They gave her slushies and let her watch TV so she thought that was pretty cool. This afternoon was difficult though. Maya has been extremely hyper and bouncing off the walls. She won't sit still and is still up. I sure hope tomorrow is better, but at least she doesn't seem to be in much pain.
And yes, I am one of those wierd mothers who documented the whole day. I figure that this is a major life experience and she might want to see pictures of it someday. I have pictures of when I was in the hospital as a child and I'm glad my mom thought to take them.
Maya was very happy when she first got into her hospital pajamas.

Maya in the waiting room playing with toys. They have a lot for the kids to do, and it was a good thing because they were running 45 minutes behind.

Right before Maya's wagon ride into the operating room. She was pretty out of it and had no idea what was going on. It was hard to watch my little girl go down the hall without me.

In the recovery room. She was crying and scared at first because she thought she hadn't been taken in to have her surgery yet, but she just couldn't remember anything. Once we explained to her that she was done and would get to go home soon she was just fine.
2 comments:
I'm glad that her surgery went well. That's a little funny that she's up and bouncing around, that just means she's feeling better or the medication has the opposite reaction!
Oh! Good girl Maya! We're glad it's all over and that everything went well!
Love,
KT, Scott and Timmy
Post a Comment