My parents are building a cabin at Bear Lake and yesterday the whole family went up to "help." Originally I thought that we would drive up and I would leave with the kids after an hour or so and leave Kyle there to come home with my Dad. I was wrong. The kids loved being up there and only wanted to leave after 6 hours because they were cold.
Here is the upstairs. It will have 2 bedrooms, a bathroom and a loft.
The kids played inside for a little before heading outside.
Liam brought his tools and had a great time playing with all the wood.
Another fun thing they did was to gather scrap wood and color on it. We ended up with a big bag of wood with their pictures. It sure kept them busy.
The kids in the window of the loft.
If you look closely you can see the kids in the upper left window.
The main thing we wanted to accomplish was to get the giant 600 pound wood burning stove inside. My sister Allie and her boyfriend also came and we were able to get it inside with some ingenious engineering feats.
Allie and I put together some holders for the wood. We then stacked wood with the help of the kids.
My Dad spent the night Friday night in his tent inside the house. The kids thought that was pretty cool.



1 comment:
WOW! It looks amazing!!
Post a Comment