Monday, June 8, 2015

Graduation

On the last week of school I got to go with Sophie and her class to the planetarium.  It was fun, but super crazy.  There were so many school groups there.  I was lucky because I had a really good group of 4 super cute girls.  Sophie said she had a lot of fun.
 Maya has officially graduated from elementary school.  On the last day of school they held a celebration for all the 5th graders.  They served them breakfast, passed out certificates and  showed a slideshow.  Then the kids all sang for their parents.  It was really nice, but a little long.  I was not prepared for how emotional I would be.  I can't believe my little girl is on her way into middle school. Maya came home crying because she didn't was to leave Sunrise and all her friends.  Because she has been in SALTA, there have been kids from all over the district in her class.  They are all going to different middle schools.  Some are going to the SALTA school, while others like Maya are going to their neighborhood schools.  She is sure going to miss her friends, but I'm sure she will make a lot of new ones.



1 comment:

Katie Stapleton said...

All those changes can be so overwhelming! They do middle school at 6th grade now. Is she going to our alma mater? Do they do 6-9th there, or is 9th now at the high school?

Maya was about 3 months old when I first met her! She is so grown up!