Last weekend, Sophie, my mom, and I went to St. George. I promised this trip to Sophie when I missed out on her Monterey trip in September. We had an awesome time. Friday, we used Sophie's free 4th grade park pass and went to Zions. We hiked about 8 miles total. First, we went to the bathtubs. That was Sophie's favorite. Then we did part of the East Rim trail and finished the day off by hiking the river walk. We were tired at the end of the day, but it was a lot of fun.
The bathtubs area has seen some flash flooding lately, so we had to put cairns up were we were able to get above the fall.
On the East Rim trail, we followed a herd of about 10 deer on the trail for about a mile. It was super cool.
The bathtubs required some scrambling up and around rocks. In this picture Sophie could squeeze through, but my mom and I are not as skinny as Sophie, so we had to climb up and over.
The bottom of the falls. We were able to go up and around the falls.
We did the river walk at the end of the day and it was getting cold. The advantage to that was there were not a lot of people. In fact the whole day we saw only a handful of people.
Saturday we went climbing in St. George. We repelled into the canyon, and then had to climb out at the end of the day. We thought we would be climbing a 5.3, but it turned out to be a 5.6. Sophie did awesome. I did have to bribe her at first, but once she got over her fear, she was great. When she made it to the top she was so proud of herself. I loved watching her accomplish something she was afraid of.
Sunday we slept in and then drove home. It was such a great weekend and really hard to come home. I enjoyed spending some time alone with Sophie. She is such a happy, adventurous girl. She didn't complain at all and is a super fast hiker.















1 comment:
This is so great. How fun.
Post a Comment