Thursday, April 22, 2021

April Happenings

 Maya is taking the ACT in June and she needed a picture to upload to her registration.  I took this picture and it is the best picture taken on her in years.

Our living room is getting a bit of a makeover.  My dad made us a sofa table and an end table.  He did such a good job and they look amazing.

For spring break I took Ellie and Liam to the cabin while Maya and Sophie stayed home with no adults.  Kyle was on a work trip.  They loved being home alone and I even came home to a clean house.

I walked every day with Jake.  Ellie went with me one morning.

We played lots of games.  My mom even joined us.
The kids, Jake and I went hiking one afternoon.  There was still snow, but it was packed to we didn't have to wear snow shoes.  
We were able to climb and play on lots of trees.  We were the only ones on the trail so Jake got to run around and play and so did the kids.




More games were played.
My mom's cousin Debbie came for a bit and we went to the bird refuge and to an antique store.  In the bird refuge we saw this dead skunk and my mom made us stop for a picture.

We also played outside on the swings and tetherball.

We played lots of corn hole and Liam won most of the games.
Ellie and Macha finally won and they had to do a victory dance.
We have spent lots of time outside roasting marshmallows on the fire.  After Easter the kids even roasted their peeps.  They said they were delicious.



The Fire table has turned out exactly how I pictured it.  I got it because I had dreams of us hanging out talking by the fire and that is exactly what is happening.  Things rarely happen how I think they will happen so its exciting when things work out.

We also got a new tv stand.  I am quite proud of it because I put it together all by myself.

Kyle and I are both now fully vaccinated so that's exciting.  

No comments: