Ellie was able to participate in the Nutcracker this year. She was on the Arabian Court and loved it. The choreography is the only contemporary in the show and Ellie really likes contemporary. She worked hard for months and was able to perform 5 times plus her rehearsal which was in front of an audience (compromised kids and their families).
The hair and makeup is pretty intense. Here is all the products we use every time she performs.
I got to see her perform 4 times. Once I was an usher, twice I was in the audience, and another time I saw her from backstage. Kyle's parents came from Oregon for a visit and were able to see her. I love watching her dance. I get a little emotional watching it because I know the hard work and dedication that goes into each dance. She loves to dance and it really shows when she is on stage.
Jimi has been a little more interested in the tree this year. He's been chewing on the branches and we haven't figured out a way to deter him.
We had a ward party that was Christmas Around the World. Members of the ward prepared tables about Christmases in different countries. Most of them served missions in the country so that was fun to see where people served. Kyle did a table on Mexico. It was fun, but it was a lot of work. I did most of the work for Kyle's table plus I was in charge of a game for the primary. We hid paper elves at each table and the kids got a prize if they found all the elves.
I ended up checking Sophie out of school early twice during December plus we went to lunch once when they had an hour long lunch so the teachers could have a party. I checked her out because she was just doing make up work at school, and she had all her work in so she was bored. One day when I checked her out we went to my mom's and wrapped presents. They noticed that they have the same color of hair.
One of the things I like about volunteering backstage at the Nutcracker is that I can take pictures of Ellie in her costume. (costume copyright Mountain West Ballet) I also really enjoy watching her interact with all her friends.
Ellie had a Secret Santa party with some of her friends. They wore their pajamas, had breakfast, and exchanged gifts.
For Ellie's last performance I took all the kids to watch her. Originally Allie was supposed to come and not Liam, but she wasn't feeling well so we brought Liam.
Ellie and her friend Olivia. They had different parts, but hung out backstage together. They are friends from school.
Christmas Eve we went to Dan's for dinner and Bingo. We also did the nativity. The kids are getting a little old and it ends up being pretty funny. They don't really want to keep doing it, but my mom insists.
The family.
The kids in their Christmas Eve PJ's. They are getting so big, I remember when they would stand in front of the fireplace and we could see their stockings.
They still want a book, but Sophie like to read it now.
All ready for the kids to wake up. The girls all got makeup and makeup bags and Liam got Legos.
Unwrapping presents at Macha and Papa's.
The boys all got soccer shirts from Allie. The twins have gotten really tall.
Christmas was lots of fun and everyone loved their gifts.
No comments:
Post a Comment