Last Saturday Claire was baptized. It was great to be able to be there.
Claire was the most excited 8 year old I have ever seen. Before the baptism she was bouncing and hugging everyone.Lately I have not been able to get a picture of all 4 kids so I took the opportunity, unfortunately Liam was not happy about it.
Thursday Liam got to go to JA City with his grade. JA City is a mock city where each kid has a job and they get "paid" and they get to shop with their JA money.
Here Liam is depositing his first paycheck. The kids had different breaks throughout the day. There were always kids at each of the businesses at all times enabling the kids of break to shop.
Liam was the CFO of Larry H Miller Dealership. He had to pay the bills and do payroll.Each business sold different items to allow each business to have something to do. Liam's business sold socks, pixie sticks, and mini basketballs.
One of the businesses was Maverick. This is where the lunch tables were. They also sold snacks and soda. It was the most popular business.
At the beginning of the day each business took out a loan. The goal was to pay back the loan by the end of the day. They were then given the items to sell and they set their own prices. Liam's group did awesome. They were able to pay off their loan plus they made a profit after that.
Their was a REAL business where Liam bought a hat and watched soccer highlights.
It was a really fun day for the kids. I was impressed with how seriously the kids took their jobs and how hard they worked.
1 comment:
Wow! I love the business activity idea! What a great thing to take part in
Post a Comment