On Saturday we had a pretty full day. In the afternoon we went to the Legion Of Honor. It was a really great museum with some amazing art. Here is one of the Monet's they had. This was a highlight of the museum.
2 more MonetsA Van Gough. So cool.
A Rubens
This is the ceiling from a tower that was in France in the 1500s.
They had a porcelain room. Sophie loved it.
Lots of old, pretty plates. Most of the porcelain was from 1400-1600.
They have a whole Rodin gallery. The thinker sits in the courtyard.
We had delicious sourdough sandwiches outside before we went into the museum.
In the morning we visited a couple of different places. This is Grace Cathedral.
There is a labyrinth on the floor. It is very peaceful to walk it. When I was on my trip in 2000 my Aunt and I found out that my grandfather had passed away here. I have memories of crying and walking the labyrinth.
The doors on the church are replicas of the Gates of Paradise by Ghiberti in Florence Italy. The architecture of the church is Gothic.
We also went to Coit tower and the farmers market. The farmers market was awesome. Coit tower is cool, but we climbed over 500 stairs only to find the elevator to the top broken and we didn't have enough time to look around. It was a lot of effort for not a lot of reward.
We also went to Peter and Paul Cathedral. It was very pretty. This church was Romanesque. Sophie and I liked this cathedral better because it's felt more intimate and welcoming.
There is a labyrinth on the floor. It is very peaceful to walk it. When I was on my trip in 2000 my Aunt and I found out that my grandfather had passed away here. I have memories of crying and walking the labyrinth.
The doors on the church are replicas of the Gates of Paradise by Ghiberti in Florence Italy. The architecture of the church is Gothic.
We also went to Coit tower and the farmers market. The farmers market was awesome. Coit tower is cool, but we climbed over 500 stairs only to find the elevator to the top broken and we didn't have enough time to look around. It was a lot of effort for not a lot of reward.
We also went to Peter and Paul Cathedral. It was very pretty. This church was Romanesque. Sophie and I liked this cathedral better because it's felt more intimate and welcoming.
That night Sophie and I figured out the bus system (we rode busses everywhere) all by ourselves and went into Chinatiwn for dinner. We walked until we found a small family restaurant where they barely spoke English. We had an inexpensive delicious meal of dumpling soup and beef udon.
















No comments:
Post a Comment