Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Snow Day

This past semester Maya took wood shop at school.  It was not her choice, they got rid of the class she was signed up for and she was put in wood shop, but she made the best out of the situation.  She really liked the teacher and she had some friends in her  class, but she did not like the actual class.  Thursday she brought home her finished project.  I think it turned out pretty well.  There are mistakes and she spent a lot of time after school working on it  because she struggled, but she finished and got an A in the class.  She is glad she is done with the class. 
 Monday was no school due to MLK day, so the kids were home.   It snowed about 8+ inches so I was glad I didn't have to go out on the roads to take and pick up from school.  Ellie and Liam had friends over, Maya was at school working with the robotics team (Kyle took her but I did have to go out and pick her up but I didn't have to deal with the crowds normal pick up has.) and Sophie and I made cookies.
 Our dryer broke just before Christmas and Monday the new dryer was supposed to come, but because of the snow the truck couldn't make it to our house.  I really needed to do some laundry for the kids and I didn't want to drive to my mom's house to do it (the neighborhood roads weren't plowed and really icy) so I ended up hanging clothes  all around the house to dry.  We used the oven to dry some of the clothes. I can't wait to get the dryer.  Our house is a mess because we've already got the dryer out and all the stuff out of the laundry room and I can't wait to be able to dry my own clothes again. We are scheduled to get the dryer Thursday so hopefully nothing happens to prevent it from getting here.
 The younger kids played out in the snow a lot.  They had a lot of fun both in the backyard and the frontyard.


1 comment:

Katie said...

Oh man! I don't envy the dryer situation! Did it come today??