On August 3 Allie and Sanchit had their wedding celebration. It was at a campground in the Uintas and we all pitched in to help get everything ready. The weather unfortunately did not want to cooperate and it rained. It started pouring about 2 hours before the ceremony and let up a little for the ceremony and then the rain stopped by the time the food was being served. Even though things did not go as planned, everything was beautiful and turned out really nice. It was definitely memorable.
Maya wrote these beautiful signs for the food. Unfortunately because of the rain we did not set them out, but they still turned out really nicely.
Maya, my mom, Janet and I went up early to make marigold garlands. We've decided we are now professionals and could hire ourselves out to make them for other weddings. Maya and I also made rose garland that were used in the ceremony.Allie getting ready.
The ceremony was very nice shortened Indian ceremony. It was lovely despite us all huddled under umbrella's and rain jackets.
The cute couple and their dog. I really love Allies Sari and thought she looked beautiful.
Claire and her new found friend.
Ellie. Fortunately I had 4 poncho's in the car for the kids.
Maya looking lovely in her cheap poncho.
Sophie and Cora.
The whole family.
Sophie and Ellie. It had stopped raining so the ponchos were off.
Maya and my dad. The food was delicious Indian food. My kids even liked it. Liam especially loved the baklava and said he wanted it for his next birthday.
Sanchit's mom and my mom. After the rain stopped it got quite cold.
Sophie and her ever present buddy Ollie.
Kyle, Maya, and Ellie. I also had 2 blankets in the car for when it got cold. We did not prepare well for the weather.















No comments:
Post a Comment