Sunday, November 28, 2021

Phoenix

 In October Liam, Kyle, and I headed for Phoenix for a wedding.  The pictures are posting backwards so I'll start from the last day and go to the first.

We stayed in Page Arizona our last night and on the way home went on highway 12 instead of I-15.  It is such a pretty drive.  We stopped at this nice pull out to get out and stretch and take in the view.




We also stopped at Bryce Canyon.  It was so pretty.  We didn't have a lot of time, so we only did one hike, but we really enjoyed our time.




Sunday we went to 2 Sacrament meetings.  The reason we went to Phoenix is because the youngest daughter of a family Kyle baptized on his mission was getting sealed.  Some of the family came from Mexico for the sealing so Kyle was able to see them.  We went to church with them.  Here we are with Jorge, Isabel,  and Isabela Espinosa Sanchez.
Kyle's brother Jeff lives in the Phoenix area so we stayed one night with them and also went to church with them.  It was the primary program so we were able to see 3 of his kids participate in the program.  Liam got to spend Saturday with them while Kyle and I went to the sealing and reception.  Liam had so much fun playing with his cousins.
Mariel was the daughter who got married.  Here Kyle is with the family.  They are missing 2 daughters.
Kyle and I at the Phoenix temple.  It was so nice that Kyle was able to be there and see the family.  He has stayed in touch with them and 15 years ago Isobela came and stayed with us for a month.  It was kind of difficult for me because I speak no Spanish and they don't speak English.
On our way down we stopped in Sedona and also went to Montezzuma's Castle.  It was really cool and a nice stop after a long drive.

We didn't do much in Sedona, there were people everywhere, but it is really pretty.
We left Thursday night and stayed in Page and stopped off at horseshoe bend canyon Friday morning.  




It was a short but fun trip.  The girls stayed home because they didn't want to miss school and Ellie couldn't miss Nutcracker rehearsal.  I am so grateful that they are responsible enough to be left alone and that my parents live close enough to help them out with rides.  

No comments: