Tuesday, March 16, 2010

F.H.E.

Last night for F.H.E. we did not do anything special, we had a lesson on Nephi building the ship and then doughnuts for desert, but we did have fun. Last month we started a new thing for F.H.E. and I thought I would share it because it has been a big hit. Kyle's mom sent us notebooks with covers she had made with church themed fabric. At first we weren't sure what we were going to do with them, but then I had an idea. They would become our F.H.E. journals. After our lesson we pull out some crayons and the girls color a picture about the lesson. While they are coloring they tell us about what they are drawing and why they chose to draw that. It has really helped them remeber what we talk about each week. The girls love doing this. In fact when we pull out the journals, Ellie screams with excitement.
This is Maya's journal. On the left is a picture of the Liahona and she is working on her picure of Nephi's ship.


1 comment:

Blogful said...

Two questions:
*Church-themed fabric?? Is there such a thing and how do I get it?
*Where do you get your darling couch pillows?

Elli's got such a cute smile.