I try to make St. Patrick's day fun for the girls. First, Maya made sure everyone was wearing green. Once she got home we had a treasure hunt. I told the girls that a leprechan had come during the night and hid treats and that he had left clues all over the house to help them find the treats. It was fun because Maya was able to read the clues herself. (In the past I have taken pictures of where they were to go so I didn't have to help them.) The treats were hidden in the washer.
After the treasure hunt we had lunch. We didn't eat all green, I'm not a fan of unaturally green things, but we did have green jiggler. We then made a cake, but it fell apart and ended up looking like a mound of bright green grass. (Sorry, no picture) We also brought out all our green plastic dishes for dinner. Overall it was a fun day.
Today was an exciting day for Maya. She had a program at school. Each child had been assigned a nursury rhyme to memorize. They also had to come up with a costume and/or props to go with the rhyme. Maya was assigned "Hickory Dickory Dock" so I made mouse ears and a nose for her to wear and she held up a paper clock. The entire Kindergarten participated. Each child got up and said their rhyme and they also sang some songs as a group. It was so much fun to watch. All of the kids did great, but Maya did especially great. She was such a cute mouse. After her rhyme she went to sit down but ran back up because she had forgotten to do her curtsey. It was really cute. I am so proud of her for doing such a great job and saying her rhyme in front of all those people.
3 comments:
Timmy got to watch Princess and the Frog this week too, and my brothers. It was very cute...he loved it too!
Or as Brooklyn would say "Him loved it!"
I think the treats are always in the washer. Mine were as a kid. You would think that I would catch on to this and go strait for the washer. Cute idea...a treasure hunt would have been fun!
we loved princess and the frog! and your girls look lovely in all green :) you're a fun mom!
Post a Comment